- This event has passed.
Breaking the Mold: A Supervision Workshop Exploring Current Rules, Inspiring Critical Thinking, and Fostering Creativity in Associates
August 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Supervisors are the gatekeepers in the field of counseling, with expectations and requirements from the state of Texas to not only protect the people of Texas, but also ensure LPC Associates and LMFT Associates are qualified, ethical, and competent when leaving the supervised experience. State regulations, roles and responsibilities of a state-approved supervisor will be explored in this 6-hour presentation. In addition, the presentation will include creative approaches to use in counselor supervision to increase critical thinking, support engagement of the supervisory relationship, and inspire creativity.
- Participant will review the history of the creation of BHEC.
- Participant will examine LPC and LMFT state rules for supervision.
- Participant will identify state required documentation.
- Participant will define critical thinking.
- Participant will define creativity.
- Participant will construct several creative interventions that foster critical thinking and creativity in associates to use in supervision.
Register For Break the Mold
Breaking the Mold
About the Presenter
Leah Fowlkes Miller, PhD, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S™ is the owner and founder of the Counseling Center of Expressive Arts in El Paso, Texas. She has worked with families, couples, adolescents, and children for over 25 years. She completed her masters in counseling at Webster University and did a post-graduate study at the University of Oklahoma in art therapy. Leah received her PhD from the University of North Texas in Counseling and Higher Education with a specialty in play therapy.