- This event has passed.
5 CEs for Texas Ethics – Making and Staying Friends with the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council
June 16, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Since the conception of the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council (BHEC) multiple changes occurred to the regulatory laws regarding practices and delivery of service for Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists. The historical reasoning for changes is essential for counselors and therapists to understand how the myriad of changes impact our daily practices. In this five-hour presentation the participants will not only meet the ethics requirements for licensing but will also help gain an understanding of the function of BHEC and our respective boards.
- Participant will review the history of the creation of BHEC.
- Participant gain understanding of the following websites:
- Participant will explore and gain understanding of the content and structure of the updated rulebook for the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council and Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors Rules and/or the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council and Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists Rules.
- Participant will identify rules that have been added, amended, or repealed in the 03/08/2023 update to rulebook.
- Participant will explore schedule of sanctions, identifying the law and sanction level of violation.
- Participant will address several ethical situations using current laws and practices.
Register For 5 CEs for Texas Ethics Training
About the Presenter
Leah Fowlkes Miller, PhD, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S™ is the owner and founder of the Counseling Center of Expressive Arts in El Paso, Texas. She has worked with families, couples, adolescents, and children for over 25 years. She completed her masters in counseling at Webster University and did a post-graduate study at the University of Oklahoma in art therapy. Leah received her PhD from the University of North Texas in Counseling and Higher Education with a specialty in play therapy.