- This event has passed.
Using Creativity in Ethical Clinical Supervision
February 29, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Using Creativity in Ethical Clinical Supervision: Inclusivity, Expansiveness, and Engagement
Often, practicing counseling supervisors are placed in situations to supervise counseling interns and students without having the appropriate supervisory skills and/or support. The objectives of this six-hour workshop are to provide the participant with knowledge and skills of supervision as well as to help the professional clearly define their own personal role expectations of both the supervisor and the supervisee. Using creativity as the catalyst, experiences will be provided that will help the supervisor increase their understanding of inclusivity, expansiveness, and engagement in the supervisory relationship.
Participants will be able to:
- Expand personal philosophy and understanding of supervision through review of supervision theories.
- Identify personal role and role of supervisee in the process of supervision.
- Define creativity and three areas where creativity enhances the process of supervision.
- Understand the connection of creativity in providing inclusivity, expansiveness, and engagement in the supervision process.
- Experience and describe creativity in supervision.
- Explore ethical considerations in supervision when using creativity.
- Saturday – February 29, 2020 $180
- 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC): Texas State Board of Professional Counselors Provider 772 (6 hours, including 3 hours of ethics)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT): Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists Provider 777 (6 hours, including 3 hours of ethics)
- Licensed Social Workers: Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners
Provider 6544 ( hours, including 3 hours of ethics)
- REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
You may cancel within 5 days of workshop without penalty, February 24, 2020. Cancellations after February 24, 2020 will entail a $50 fee until February 26, 2020. No refunds will be given after February 26, 2020 due to commitments made for your participation by the Institute for Counselor Development and the Counseling Center of Expressive Arts. Registration fee may be transferred to another seminar or to another person without penalty.
- Leah Fowlkes-Miller, PhD, LPC-S, LMFT, RPT-Sis the owner and founder of the Counseling Center of Expressive Arts in El Paso, Texas. She has worked with families, couples, adolescents and children for over 20 years. She completed her masters in counseling at Webster University and did post-graduate study at the University of Oklahoma in art therapy. Leah received her PhD from the University of North Texas in Counseling and Higher Education, specializing in play therapy. Leah’s research focused on teaching play therapy skills to teachers utilizing Child/Teacher Relationship Training. Leah is a past president of the Texas Association for Play Therapy and served on numerous national committees for the Association for Play Therapy.
REGISTRATION FORM LINKS:
- Registration forms may be submitted in person to our physical address, by FAX, or written out as an e-mail submission with the information required above included.
- Address: 1600 Medical Center, Suite B-1, El Paso, TX, 79902
- FAX: (915) 845-4165
- E-mail: email@example.com